What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience that will give you a kick start into a career. As an apprentice, you can earn as you learn and you gain practical skills from the workplace.
What do I need to become an apprentice?
Different apprenticeships have different entry requirements depending on their level. However the most important requirements that any apprenticeship will require are:
- You must be living in England and not taking part in full-time education.
- You must be aged 16 or over.
- If you took GCSEs more than five years ago, or you don’t have good GCSE grades in Maths and English, you will need to take Functional Skills tests.
What types of apprenticeships do we offer?
With Scintilla we can offer you apprenticeships in Customer Service, Business Administration, and Health and Social Care based in areas all around Mansfield and beyond. These can generally be offered at Intermediate Level (level 2) and Advanced Level apprenticeships (level 3).
How is learning done through an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is essentially a set of qualifications called a ‘framework’ developed by Sector Skills Councils. Most apprenticeship frameworks follow a standard format that comprises of:
- A National Vocational Qualification (e.g. Level 2 for Intermediate Level Apprenticeships, Level 3 for Advanced Level Apprenticeships.
- Key Transferable Skills – through personal learning and thinking skills and employee rights and responsibilities.
- Functional Skills – English, Maths and ICT.
The learning provider delivers the knowledge and develops skills while the employer provides the practical experience to put those skills to the test.
How Do I get started?
With Scintilla that is the easy bit. Just look through our available vacancies on the website and contact us when you find what you are interested in via the contact us page and we’ll get you started. All it takes is a quick and easy interview to get to know you and we can start finding the right apprenticeship for you.